A Summary of the Israeli Colonization and Occupation Soldiers Violations During October 2019
A Summary of the Colonization and Occupation Soldiers Violations During October 2019
The report documents the most significant assaults committed by the occupation and the colonizers against the Palestinians and their property, along with the colonizers assaults against the Palestinian lands during October 2019. The assaults reached to almost 1700 against the Palestinian people, their lands and property. The information included in the report are based on various sources, notably the Palestinian Monitoring Group of the Department of Negotiation in the Palestinian Liberation Organization “PLO”, Applied Research Institute ARIJ and the National Bureau for Defending Land.
The following table shows the occupation violations during October 2019:
|Human Rights Violations||Numbers|
|Eviction from Al-Aqsa Mosque or Jerusalem||13|
|Storming of Living Quarters||404|
|Shooting by the Occupation||216|
|Confiscating of Palestinian Property||3|
|Sudden Military Checkpoints||344|
|Attacking Holy Places||30|
Martyrs and Injured
During last October, 3 Palestinian martyrs were killed by the occupation ,2 of which are from the Gaza Strip, where they were shot for participating in the Great March of Return protest. The third one is from Tulkarem City in the West Bank; he was shot near Jabara checkpoint.
As for the number of injures during the same month, it reached to 339 injured. The injured in the Gaza Strip were 287, while in the West Bank 52, among the injured 5 children, 1 woman , 1 journalist and 2 fishermen from Gaza.
Detention, Arrests and Evection from Jerusalem and Al-Aqsa Mosque
During last October the number of detentions reached to 368, most of which are from the governorates of the West Bank with 356 cases, while 12 cases of detentions in the Gaza Strip. Amongst the detentions there are 26 children, 6 female citizens, 2 journalists and 2 university students. The people of Jerusalem were the most of detention with 106 cases, then Hebron with 63 cases, then Ramallah and Al- Bireh with 38 cases.
As for detention, the total number of Palestinians who were detained during October 2019 is 21. The detainees are civilians from the West Bank, including 3children, 4 women and 1 journalist.
As for the eviction cases from the city of Jerusalem or Al-Aqsa Mosque, 13 Palestinians evicted. The eviction process that took place in the city of Jerusalem and its suburbs happened 5 times; it lasted between 10 days to 6 months, while in the last October, it happened 8 times. And it lasted between 2 days to 6 months.
Establishing Military Checkpoints, Raids and Shooting
During the month of last October, the occupation established 344 sudden military checkpoints in the governorates of the West Bank to hinder the life of the civilians and their mobility. The most of which were in Bethlehem, then Qalqiylia and finally Hebron.
The occupation conducted 404 raids of Palestinian living quarters, 397 of which were in the governorates of the West Bank. Most of these raids were in the governorate of Hebron almost 76 raid, then Ramallah and Al–Bireh 58 raids. As for the raids in the governorates of the Gaza Strip, they conducted in the agricultural lands on the borders 7 raids during last October.
As for shooting executed by the occupation soldiers during last October, they reached to 216 cases. In the West Bank, 109 case of shooting happened during the raid of the Palestinian areas or through the military checkpoints. In the Gaza Strip, 107 case of shooting happened in the military areas that are located in the Eastern Gaza during the March of Return protest or naval boats.
Demolitions, Raze of Lands and Confiscation of the Palestinian Property
The occupation executed 13 of demolitions of the Palestinian homes and facilities during the month of October. Among the 13 houses, 3 are under construction. In demolishing homes, the occupation either tends to demolish the houses in front of their owners or by forcing Palestinians to demolish their homes to avoid paying high taxes in case if the occupation did that. The occupation demolished Palestinian houses claiming that they are either unauthorized constructions or too close to the Highway 60. Most of the demolishing attacks took place in Jerusalem and Ramallah.
The occupation confiscated the Palestinian civilians’ property in 17 times, such as special property during raids, confiscation of camera records of Palestinian cars and magazines. In addition, property damage 20, such as damaging the furniture, cars and rooting out the olive trees.
The Assault of the Holy Places:
The occupation assaults of the holy places during last October reached to 30 assaults. The most significant was attacking the area of Al-Aqsa Mosque, executing provoking tours led by the minister of agriculture of Israel. The occupation forces also arrested the guards of Al-Aqsa Mosque while breaking into the mosque through The Gate of Mercy.
The Ibrahimi Mosque (Tomb of the Patriarchs) is also invaded from time to time by the occupation; to celebrate their holidays, they evacuate the holy sites from Palestinians and block the road leading to it for them.
The most significant colonial activities executed by the occupation during last October:
- October 7th , 2019: the occupation bulldozed 30 dunums in Eastern Hebron in order to build a settlement near to Kharsina settlement, which is located in the north east of Hebron city.
- October 10th, 2019: the government of the occupation approved building 2342 new settlements in the West Bank.
- October 13th , 2019: the government of the occupation issued an order to build 251 new settlements in south Bethlehem near Gush Etzion and Kfar Eldad settlements.
- October 26th , 2019: the occupation issued an order to confiscate more than 3000 dunums East Yatta in Hebron city.
The colonizers Assaults:
During last October, the assaults executed by the colonizers reached to 31 in different governorates of the West Bank.
Following are the major assaults:
- October 2nd , 2019: a colonizer attacked a Palestinian father with his three children in Hebron. Their bodies were covered with bruises.
- October 2nd , 2019: a colonizer hit a woman with her child by a car in Tulkarem city.
- October 6th , 2019: a group of colonizers damaged 13 car tires in Qira’s village in Salfit, Nablus and wrote racist words on the walls of the village.
- October 7th , 2019: colonizers from ‘Yitzhar’ settlement cut 36 olive trees in Burin village, which is located in the south of Nablus.
- October 8th , 2019: a group of colonizers burned about 70 olive trees in Burin village in Nablus.
- October 8th , 2019: a grenade was thrown in Batan al-Hawwa by a colonizer yet did not explode.
- October 10th , 2019: a group of colonizers stole the olive harvest of Burin village in Nablus.
- October 11th , 2019: a group of colonizers assaulted a Palestinian villager from Burin while harvesting his olive trees.
- October 12th , 2019: a group of colonizers assaulted two Palestinian villagers in Deir ‘Ammar village, which is a Palestinian town in the Ramallah and Al-Bireh Governorate located in Ramallah in the northern West Bank. The two villagers were injured.
- October 14th , 2019: a group of colonizers damaged a number of cars for Palestinians near Homesh settlement in Jenin. They prevented them from harvesting olive trees.
- October 16th , 2019: a colonizer sprayed paper gas and assaulted the Palestinian farmers and the people of solidarity, who were with the farmers in Burin village in Nablus, while harvesting olives.
- October 25th , 2019: a number of colonizers had randomly shot bullets towards the Palestinian farmers of Turmus-‘Ayya in north Ramallah.
- October 25th , 2019: a number of colonizers damaged the tiers of at least 30 cars during breaking into Yatma, which is a village located in the south of Nablus.
- October 26th , 2019: a group of colonizers uprooted 25 olive trees in Nahalin village in Bethlehem.