A Summary of the Israeli Colonization and Occupation Soldiers Violations During December 2019
The report documents the most significant assaults committed by the occupation and the colonizers against the Palestinians and their property, along with the colonizers assaults against the Palestinian lands during December 2019. The total number of the occupation assaults against Palestinians and their properties only during December is 1900. Compared to the previous attacks, this number shows a decline in their attacks and assaults by 34%. The information included in this report are taken from the Palestinian Cabinet and We Watch Israeli Violations (WEWIV).
The following table presents the violations committed by the Israeli Occupation during December 2019:
|Human Rights Violations||Numbers|
|Eviction from Al-Aqsa Mosque or Jerusalem||2|
|Storming of Living Quarters||489|
|Shooting by the Occupation||230|
|Confiscating Palestinian Properties||26|
|Israeli Flying Roadblocks||296|
|Attacking Holy Places||26|
|Damaged Trees||300 olive trees|
|Bulldozed Lands||33 donums|
|Designed roads and expanding them||3 projects|
Martyrs and Injured:
In December 2019, a Palestinian citizen from the Gaza Strip was killed by the Israeli air strikes. The occupation claimed that the man tried to sneak into their area.
As for the number of the injured citizens, the numbers declined by two-thirds compared with last month. In November 2019, the total number of injured citizens in the West Bank was 38 and the Gaza Strip was 131. The total number of the injured citizens in the governorate of the Gaza Strip was 92. The number of injuries witnessed a decline due to the decrease in demonstrations on the eastern boarders of Gaza.
Detention, Arrests and Evection from Jerusalem and Al-Aqsa Mosque
The total number of Palestinians who were arrested in December 2019 was 406. Most of the arrests took place in the West Bank with a total number of 398. The numbers of the Palestinians who were arrested in the Gaza Strip was only 8. The number of the arrested citizens includes 33 children, 7 collage students, and 5 women. The city which has the highest numbers of arrestments is Jerusalem; the number of arrested citizens there was 125. Then, Hebron comes in the second place; the number of the arrested citizens was 91. Finally, Ramallah comes in the third place; the number of the citizens who were arrested was 46.
As for the eviction policy from Jerusalem and Al-Aqsa Mosque, two citizens were evicted. One of them was evicted from entering Al-Aqsa Mosque for one week, and the other one was evicted for 6 months.
Flying Roadblocks, Storming of Living Quarters, and Shooting Citizens:
The occupation has set new 296 roadblocks in December 2019 in the West Bank. Bethlehem in the only city with many roadblocks and checkpoints; the occupation built 74 different roadblocks there. Hebron city has the second highest number of road checkpoints and roadblocks with 68 one there. Qalqilia city has the third highest number of roadblocks and checkpoints with 35 one there.
The total number of the times when the Israeli occupation broke into Palestinian residential areas in December 2019 is 489. 484 of the took place in the West Bank; Hebron and Nablus cities had the highest rate with 71 case. Then Ramallah and Al- Bireh governorate with 66 case. Finally, Jenin city with 52 case. As for the Gaza Strip, the total number of storming of living quarters is 5; they took place on the northern boarders of Gaza, Rahaf, and Khan-Younus.
The occupation shoot 230 citizen during December 2019. The number of the citizens who were shot in both the West Bank and the Gaza Strip is close. In the West Bank, 125 were shot near the checkpoints or during invading Palestinian neighborhoods, or during demonstrations. As for the Gaza Strip, 105 were shot during air strikes, or were shot by the sea, or during demonstrations in the eastern boarders of Gaza.
Demolishment, Bulldozing, and Confiscation of the Palestinian Properties:
The occupation demolished 13 Palestinian houses and institutions in December 2019. Most of the demolishments took place in the West Bank, houses and small rooms for living. The occupation claims that the houses or building the demolish are illegally built. People of Jerusalem and Bedouins were, and still are, the most affected by that. Most of the demolishments took place in Jabel Mukaber, Isawiya in Jerusalem, Bedouins of the Jordan valley and Nazareth, and Palestinians who live in Yatta and As-Samiu villages in Hebron city.
The total number of the times in which Palestinian properties were confiscated is 26 times. The occupation confiscated Palestinian cars, security cameras, and personal equipments. In December 2019, settlers damaged Palestinian properties 17 times by: uprooting olive trees, damaging tiers, and damaging furniture when breaking into a house.
The Assault of the Holy Places:
The occupation invade holy sites each month. The total number of the times when the occupation invaded the holy sites of Palestine is 26 in December 2019. Most of these invasions were committed by settlers empowered by the occupation security and protection, especially at Al-Aqsa Mosque. The Sanctuary of Abraham in Hebron was also invaded by the secretary of the IOF army Naftali Bennett. As for the Church of Resurrection in Jerusalem, an armed settler invaded the church holding a knife in his hand to attack the worshipers there; the Israeli police forces were able to stop that settler.
Here are the projects which were done by the occupation during December 2019:
- Building 3 settler roads only and unsafe roads for Palestinians.
- December 2nd , 2019: continuing building settler roads on the lands of Safa village in Ramallah.
- December 15th , 2019: the occupation announced its project of road expansion in Alfei Menashe settlement, which is built on the land of Qalqilia city.
- December 23rd , 2019: bulldozing Palestinian lands in the Western area of Al-Mazra’a village in Qalqilia.
December 2019 witnessed the build of new settlements:
- December 1st , 2019: the Occupation Secretary announced that a new settlement will be built in Hebron city.
- December 24th , 2019: the occupation bulldozed the lands of Jaloud village for the sake of expanding Shiloh and Shvut Rachil settlements in Nablus.
- December 28th , 2019: the occupation started building new 167 residential units in Nof Zion settlement in Jabal Al-Mukaber in Jerusalem.
The Colonizers Assaults:
During last December, the assaults executed by the colonizers reached to 39 in different governorates of the West Bank. Last month report shows a decline in the times of their assaults compared with December 2019; they were 63.
Following are the major assaults:
- December 3rd, 2019: a colonizer hit 3 Palestinians with a car. The victims were transferred to the hospital.
- December 4th , 2019: a group of colonizers threw stones on Palestinian cars at Taibeh village in Ramallah.
- December 4th , 2019: a group of colonizers bulldozed lands for the sake of building new roads for them.
- December 8th , 2019: a group of colonizers bulldozed 27 dunoms of Beit Laqif lands, a Palestinian village between Nablus and Qalqilia’s cities.
- December 9th , 2019: a group of colonizers damaged 168 tires in Shufat in Jerusalem.
- December 9th , 2019: the occupation bulldozed 6 dunoms of Beit
Ummar’s lands, a village located in north Hebron.
- December 14th , 2019: a group of colonizers damaged a large number of equipment used for road building.
- December 19th , 2019: a group of colonizers broke into Aj-Jeeb village in Jerusalem and damaged cars there.
- December 19th , 2019: a group of colonizers cut 300 olive trees in Khader’s village in Bethlehem.
- December 20th , 2019a group of colonizers burned two cars in Fara’ata village in Qalqilia city.
- December 21st , 2019: a colonizer hit two citizens with a car near Al-Aroub refugee camp in Hebron. The victims were transferred to the hospital.
- December 24th , 2019: a group of colonizers damaged water pipes in the old city of Hebron.
- December 25th , 2019: a group of colonizers bulldozed a land used for agricultural in Madma village in Nablus.
- December 31st , 2019: a group of colonizers threw stones on Palestinian cars near Homesh settlement. 25 cars were damaged by Nablus-Jenin road.